Euclides’ Advanced Planning Solution allows your organization to more accurately plan, roster, and forecast field agent schedules according to how your business operates.
Many organizations want to understand, “What is Capacity Planning for my field service organization and how can I start to implement it?” The goal of advanced planning is to integrate and automate the planning and scheduling process for greater productivity improvements for the business. In order to do this, Euclides Logic Experts tailor algorithms based on specified business rules to show real capacity planning improvements for the organization.
With Euclides’ Advanced Planning Solution, your organization will get:
- Reliable on-going forecasting based on best practices methodologies and tools
- Avoid implementation and install of heavy-duty & expensive platforms
- Up-to-date forecasting model
- Flexible output interfaces
- Ability to accurately plan for events and move resources in line with demand
- Plan based on statistically proven forecasting and resourcing constraints
- Plan based on components of your business is focused on improving (resources, working times, contractors, experience, pain points etc)
Learn more about each part of the Advanced Planning Solution Below:
The creation of reliable forecasts requires specific expertise that combines best practices methodologies and tools, advanced methods and business processes. Forecasting is highly complex, it can evolve over time and is not usually a one dimensional measurement. There can be many factors that make up a predictive forecast and normally these are not entirely understood or applied properly by organizations due to a lack of technology available.
The questions our forecasting algorithm will answer are:
- What is the expected demands that I will place on my workforce tomorrow, next week, next month, next year (ex: call center, field resources, or supply chain)
- How will the launching of the new product affects our resource planning?
- How will this marketing or advertising campaign increase the demand for our services?
- How can we wisely plan the uplift/ down lift of our activities due to summer/ winter activities…?
- How will the change of pricing on our product effect the demand of our products/ services?
- When should we start to hire more people for our busy season?
- How will this new trend effect our profits and human resource needs? (negative or positive impact)
- How are our competitor’s activities effecting our business?
Our Forecasting algorithm works at the beginning of the process to create a reliable on-going forecasting process based on best practices of your business model. This can be interfaced within any solution you choose, including ClickSoftware, so your organization will still have the simple and easy to use functionality of the platform with our specialized forecasting process happening in the background. You’ll avoid implementing and installing heavy-duty & expensive additions to your solution. With this component of advanced planning for enterprise, you’ll get an on-going, up-to-date and accurate forecast of company resources.
Using our advanced shift rostering algorithm, companies will minimize staffing cost and maximize service availability through Dynamic Planning and Rostering for CSRs, Retail shop agents, Field agents alike. This will improve overall organization efficiency, reduce unnecessary business costs and improve customer & employee satisfaction. The algorithm works by taking into account the proposed forecast to create a schedule of shifts that decides the exact need for who will work, when and at which position / location on an hourly basis throughout the day.
- Our Rostering solution enables efficient rostering aligned with demand and organizational constraints. Many internal and external forces effect efficient rostering of hourly shifts, such as:
- Company policies
- Multiple locations & departments
- Varieties of labor costs
- Decentralized rostering and scheduling
- Union agreements
- Inconsistent employee constraints
- Demand changes such as per time, place, and skills of technicians
- Static rostering model – not changing dynamically with the business as it goes through the day to day operations
Our Rostering algorithm aims to answer the following questions for your business:
- What is the optimal shift pattern that we should have? Minimum overtime, minimum over staffing and minimum lack of staffing…
- How should I organize my shift patterns to satisfy demand?
- How can we assign the workforce to shift without prejudice to the legal rights of workers (shift duration, daily/ monthly overtime, buffers between shifts etc…) and meet the agreements with the unions?
- How can we plan the shifts automatically in a way that the employees will be get equally (fairness) harsh shifts and popular shifts (employees satisfaction?
- How can we have centralized shift rostering for all line of business while enforcing company staffing policies
- How should I organize my shift patterns to satisfy demand
Our planning algorithm takes any current planning model to the next level. By taking into account the business objectives and constraints created within the Forecasting solution, the planning capability becomes enhanced with creating the most efficient schedule.
Questions your Organization needs to answer to be more efficient in planning:
- Where should resources be best located so they maximize efficiency?
- What type of skills are required per area of operation to meet demand?
- When should I grow my operation and when should I not?
- What is the expected demands that I will place on my workforce tomorrow, next week, next month, next year (call center, field resources, supply chain)?
- Demand varies across my business, how can I plan to ensure my resources are optimally aligned?
- Different products and or services may require different skills and duration’s in order for them to be completed, how do I account for this in planning my workforce?
The Planning algorithm solution promises to deliver on providing answers to these questions and other KPIs. Results that can be seen once implementing are:
- Reduced mileage & drive time by more than 30%
- Reduced planning duration by more than 90%
- Reduced idle time for more than 90%
- Improved capacity utilization by more than 20%
- Full compliance with clients visit policy requirements
- Fully automated planning